Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Our last day in New Orleans

We visited the Civil War museum, cost $7 per adult.
Great museum, has lots of artifacts from the Confederate
soldiers. They have a lot of things from Jefferson Davis,
Stonewall Jackson, and other Confederate generals. No
pictures were allowed, so I cannot share what I saw.
We had lunch in the French Quarter and then took a carriage
ride around the Quarter. Great ride. We even ate the
French pastry Beinger (sp). If you haven't tried them, if
you get to New Orleans, be sure to have one.


Statue of Joan of Arc


Statue of Andrew Jackson. Behind the statue is the
Cathedral of St. Louis King of France. Pope John Paul
visited this church when he was in Louisiana. You can
tour the church except during mass.


Ceiling of church.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was delighted to see your pix of New Orleans. It's my second home.
My wife and I love to hang out at Jackson square and listen to the street musicians for hours. Could you see any signs of damage? what about the people?
Any info would be really appreciated as we are planning a small caravan this coming winter to N.O.
Anthony Steller.
Datastorm forum 222