Friday, February 11, 2011

Pima Air Museum, outside planes, 2011

Wow are these planes huge!!!!!!  Many planes to see outside. Tried to imagine myself sitting in the pilot’s seat trying to land one of those giant planes.  We took the tram tour, $7 each, first.  Our driver gave lots of info about the planes we passed by.  Afterwards, I took a walking tour and tried to take pictures of all the planes; but alas, I ran out of time. Gary called me on the phone 3 times to tell me they were closing the place down.  Oh well, maybe next year I can take pictures of the planes I missed.

P1350268

NASA astronauts nick-named this plane the “Vomit Comet”.  This was used to get the astronauts used to weightless they would experience in space.

P1350178

one of the many migs.

 

P1350200

Ardvark

P1350215

One of the many B-52s

No comments: