Saturday, May 08, 2010

Precious Moments, Carthage, Missouri

I have passed the sign for the Precious Moments turn-off many times as I traveled from Ca. to Missouri.  My folks went to the Precious Moments many years ago and mom would keep telling me that it was something that I need to see.  Well, I finally got around to going and must say it was worth the trip.

Gary and I toured the chapel, grounds, and museum.  We camped at Big Red Barn campgrounds, a Passport American campground for $15 per night.  The tour did not take long so we were able to go the the Civil War Museum located in Carthage on the same day.

The Precious moments chapel shows off the art work of Samuel J. Butcher.  The chapel is 9,000 square feet of inspired artwork, 84 Biblical hand painted murals and 30 verses and stories in Stained Glass.  Cost of tours was zero.

Took lots of pictures so if you click on the Precious Moments link above you can see more than I have posted here.

P1010119

above, Hallelujah wall, This wall is dedicated to those who have died.

P1010132

P1310632 grandchildren’s playhouse

gP1010135

P1010160

No comments: